THE SKY INSIDE US

Thursday, October 4, 2018



"You want to go back to where the sky was inside us."

- Margaret Atwood, from Power Politics


I'm sorting and sending photographs I've taken for Makers and Muse.
A year has already passed since these were shot in Alentejo, in Portugal,
but they could just as well have been from just now, with the sound it strikes in me.
That of longing to have a vast sky all around and tightly against the skin.
Also to have it inside again. Or is it, rather, to show the sky inside,
to touch on it more..? Cause it is there, we know that much.

I think a lot about and around that right now, what we choose to show.
I hear people long for something else, or something more.
I hear my own longing so much so that it has become a
sound constantly present, as if were it white noise.

"I'm hidden in my words, like scent within a rose's petal,
/ whoever wants to see me, it's in my words he'll see me."

- Zeb-Un-Nissa, translated by Paul Smith
I like how the photos turned out. The moment was beautiful for real
and it could be captured. The light and the skin. The place and the woman.
But today they are perhaps just that, the photos, - something to quickly swipe through,
worthy of a pushed heart, maybe a comment.
But I'm thinking that I can hear you, between the lines, you who long too.
I'm fumbling inside of this, with both words and thoughts.
Wondering what will become of Instagram, of blogs. Of us.
"I do not want to see what is shown, I want to see what is secret.
What is hidden amongst the visible, I want to see the skin of light."

- Héléne Cixous, from Stigmata






the photographs are taken at casa no tempo, portugal
muse : lina lindholm | hair  : jossi madsen
styling and wardrobe : sara n bergman & emma lemholt



0 comments: